posted on 7 Oct 2019 by Jayde

What can be used as proof of identity (ID) when dealing with property?

Blog | Sales | What can be used as proof of identity (ID) when dealing with property?

We need a copy of your ID in order for you to sell, let, buy or rent a property in Birmingham City Centre with us.

Here’s what you can use to prove you are who you say you are.

We can accept any of the below, on their own:

  • A current, full valid passport.

We can accept any two of the below, combined:

  • Original birth certificate
  • EEA member state identity card
  • National identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant
  • Current, valid full UK photocard driving license with signature or old-style driving license
  • Current, valid UK photocard provisional license
  • EEA photo-card driving license
  • Northern Ireland Voter’s Card (showing your current address)
  • Residence permit issued by the Home Office to EEA nationals on sight of own country passport
  • Armed Forces ID Card
  • Photographic registration cards for self-employed individuals in the construction industry -CIS4
  • Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency

All ID will need to be certified if you are unable to present the originals in person. You can read our post all about how to certify documents here.

The name on the ID must match the name you’ve supplied us with. If you have had a name change, you will need to send us the relevant documents to support this (marriage certificate, divorce decree or change of name deed poll generally). If you, or we, have made a spelling error on the application, terms or agreement just let us know and we’ll be able to rectify it.

Still not sure? Get in touch and we’ll help you find a suitable form of ID!

share on